Do you save and invest ? If so, do you do enough for emergency money needs, other goals ?
Why or why not ?
How much do you want to save for your goals ? What strategies do you take to reach these savings goals ?
1. Spend less
- take your lunch to work/cook more, make coffee and eat breakfast at home
- do it yourself
- shop less as a hobby, buy what you need
- go generic, if and when you can
- use the library vs. buying books, download loans from library using apps
- drive less, walk or take public transit
- reduce your utility bills: open windows, insulate, energy efficiency all around, including bulbs if they are cost effective
- do not compare yourself to others in lifestyle, have your private financial lifestyle
- have a bank that is more cost efficient
- take advantage of job, union benefits and retirement programs, go to their classes, talk to a job representative
think of ideas on where to cut out your higher cost items that you can control
2. Make more money
- with hobbies
- doing what you like
- start your own business